Wednesday, June 30, 2004

i'm a star in a million----- not!

*this is the first draft, i believe the emotions are more within an article if it was written just like this: flowing and smoothly done, no inhibitions, no conceptualization, just plain storytelling....

Ei, guys… wazzup? This was one hell of a week…. The classes started and well, there’s only one way to describe it---sucks!!! And then, I was all busy burning stuff and counseling a friend of mine, yah, u read that ryt.. me psycho in action… anyways, and last Friday, some of yah know, and some of yah don’t.. I auditioned for star in a million, I don’t expect that I’ll get in cuz I mean, I’m not that much of an artistahing-artistahin (I’m just artistahin), when I finally got there I was last in line before we went to the studio, but then, as we kill the time waiting for the judge, more people came by, I was no. 32, and we reached, I think up to 75… which is a small number compared to the other audition days… they usually balloon to 150 or more… one guy caught my eye cuz he’s very tall (I think he’s 6 or so) and he was very white (all the things I want to be) and he looks foreign, I found out that he’s name was Tom, Tommura Matsuoka (I wonder if I got that right) he was very funny and all, I said to some of them, that if this guy can sing, I mean nothing special, if he can just carry a tune, he’ll surely get in…. Vanessa (one of the friends I made, she’s pretty, 16, nice Amy Lee voice, 2nd time to audition, passed 2nd screening of Pinoy Pop Star) said he can really sing,, that’s one down.. I dunno how many to go, she added that the first time she tried out, they were 140 of them, and only 7 people got in.
Then the judge came, her name was Catre (I just assumed so cuz the plug said so), she was really bubbly and all, which some of the auditioneez find weird (some of the people there where on their 2nd, 3rd and so on audition) cuz she’s usually very snobbish and stuck-up, so I thought that’s a nice thing….
She even sang a couple of 60’s and 80’s sounding songs, and she even sang If I Ain’t Got You (beautiful song) by Alicia Keys, which really calmed me… and she talks like Tuesday…. She was so funny… so after that chat yah kinda feel okay and tranquil but when the audition started, the nerves started to reemerge.. slowly… and when you get the chance to hear some of them sing, god, it makes you really anxious… most of those I heard are really good, a couple were so so but a good no. of them we’re really good, it’s too bad most of them look like katulongs or probinsiyano, I remember a couple of them were from Zamboanga, and they sounded almost the same, they both have wedding singers’ voice but they look like farmers…. And then, I hear one of the prettiest girl I met that day, her name was Kina (I didn’t get her last name, she’s pretty, white, 5’5 or so and very quiet and oh she loves her BF very much), and my god, she sang that Saigon song On my Own (if that’s the title) and she sounded like a Broadway veteran.. I swear to your Gods she was just brilliant, astounding… impeccable. She was the best one I heard among the 10 people I listened to. And they made her sing one more song, I assumed they did so cuz they wanna here if she can sing contemporary songs and she sang Sunlight and she was just whoah!!! I wanna marry you Lea Salonga!!!
When I was nearing my turn I was a little nervous… I tried to look as confident, with my shades on I thought they can’t see just how panic I am inside… and I decided to sing in Acapella cuz the intro on my tape is too long, I sang Lately by Stevie Wonder, and I think it sounded good enough, although I just have no idea what’s going on while I was singing… you see them looking at you, you try to look away, and then you see the camera aimed at you, you go the other way, and then you see yourself in the screen, you shy away, and then you remember you are performing and you hit that last high note and you nailed it and they say thank you and God, was I so relieved…. At least I didn’t sang out of tune, before I went out, one of them said, “para kang may XO sa lalamunan” cuz of the coldness and huskiness in my voice… after that I ought to wait… and then, I saw another girl, she was so pretty, she was no. 74 and I said to the guy in front of me if this girl can sing just in the right notes, she’ll get in….
I went there at 1… and the auditioned ended at abut 6pm or so… I felt no hunger. I felt thirsty a lot of times… went back and forth to the bathroom I think almost 10 times…. but what I found really strange is that, it didn’t felt like a competition, we’re like all buddies… and for the first time, I didn’t feel so weird being such a schizo music addict.. cuz most of us are.. I saw Tom singing by himself with full expression and stuff and we laughed at him and he was all smile… I thought to myself, wow, I’m not that weird,… I feel normal... not ordinary but normal when I’m with them... the passion for music brought us all together and it has magic that’s just untold…. It was phenomenal… we were even singing altogether and laughing, and even made cheap highschool teasing… it’s just exceptional….
When, the judgment time came, we went back to the studio, and I really wasn’t expecting that I’ll get in, but I was hoping but not expecting… and I was right…. I was cut…. And guess how many people got in, 3, Tom (no. 1), Kina (no. 24) and the no. 74 girl, I said I knew it… I totally did… and I knew exactly what they were looking for… they all said they’re so lucky cuz Tom and Kina are both first timers and they both got in…. most of the people who auditions gets in on their nth time…. I guess they just have the IT factor…. I congratulated them both, I asked Kina’s no, and at first she was a little skeptical cuz her BF is a jealous freak…. and I said don’t worry, I’m just going to be the president of your fans club…. And I’m not gonna steal you away from your boh, unless of course you’re attracted to me too.. he..he…, and she gave it to me…. Then, I saw Tom, and I said don’t worry, I’m sure you’ll get in, you already have 1 vote from Fritz Ynfante and he just laughed and gave me a high five, and oh, earlier we measured up each other’s hand and man, mine was like ¾ of his….. it was funny… her mom was very nice and thanked us… and me and two more guys just headed home…
This is one of the best experiences I’ve ever had.. if there is such thing as a good first audition without getting the part.. this will be it… and will I be doing it again… I will not divest myself of that chance….


5 rant/rave:

Blogger /iambrew can't stop him/herself from saying...

You're a star... in a million...

Hahaha... you did that?! Hmm.. pretty brave. I would never be caught dead in that situation. But hey, looked like you enjoyed it and I think you have a very nice voice too. Remember when you sang Because of You over the phone? hahaha.. That was so sweet!

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous can't stop him/herself from saying...

Hi Blogger, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on digital photography tips headshots I somehow ended up on your page. As your i'm a star in a million----- not! is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I
stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about digital photography tips headshots, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous can't stop him/herself from saying...

Hi Blogger, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on art photography portrait form I somehow ended up on your page. As your i'm a star in a million----- not! is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I
stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about art photography portrait form, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous can't stop him/herself from saying...

Hi Blogger, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on black and white guy photography I somehow ended up on your page. As your i'm a star in a million----- not! is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I
stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about black and white guy photography, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

2:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous can't stop him/herself from saying...

Hi Blogger, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on romance in black and white photography I somehow ended up on your page. As your i'm a star in a million----- not! is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I
stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about romance in black and white photography, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home