Wednesday, July 07, 2004

kill bill vol. 2 --- the bloody bride is back...

Title:
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (A-)
PH Release Date:
July 7, 2004
Actors:
Uma Thurman, David Carradine, Daryl Hannah, Michael Madsen, Lucy Liu, Vivica A. Fox
Director:
Quentin Tarantino
Story and Screenplay:
Based on the characters by Q&U ; Written by Quentin Tarantino
Editor / Music:
Sally Merke / Robert Rodriguez and the Sza
Design / Photography:
Band Waslo / Robert Richardson
Producer:
Lawrence Burden
Studio:
Miramax

“I killed a hell lot of people to get to this point, I was almost late for class because of this movie, and I almost took a bath before I wrote this article… (hmm…smells good… taste even better!!!) and when I finish typing it, I am gonna kill---- this fucking mosquito that’s been bugging me since I sat on this chair!!!”

Finally, the long awaited sequel of the bride that kills hit theatres last Wednesday (and I saw it last Friday, and I wrote this today and you’ll probably read it after I finished typing it). Before the movie, a lot of queries wander in our minds; one of which is what will be the bride’s reaction when she finds out that her daughter is still alive? What will she do when she finally came face-to-face with Bill? And who is she anyway? Those questions will be answered as the movie slooooowwwwllllly goes along.

It was ought to be a difficult challenge for Quentin to make this movie as interesting and unique as the first one, that’s why I wasn’t expecting another Gogo (she’s just so pretty, FYI: the Jap girl from Crazy 88’s) action. One of my friends even told me that it’s a girly movie, well, I wouldn’t go as far as saying that, but it was just more drama than action disparate the first one.

Beatrix Kiddo (that’s really her name, spoiled it for yah ha?) was done with O-Ren-Ishi a.k.a. Cottonmouth (Lucy Liu) and Venita Green a.k.a. Copperhead (Vivica Fox) and it’s time to find (the alcoholic bastard who at the beginning I actually commiserate with) Budd a.k.a. Sidewater (Michael Madsen) he almost killed The Black Mamba (as if she’s not goin’ to survive it) instead, he got killed by one. Then the one-eyed biatch came [Ella Driver a.k.a. California Mountain Snake (Daryl Hannah)]; they fought and guess who won? (Kiddo!!! You’re so good!!!). I won’t tell you what happen after she saw Bill and found out that her cute (not-in-a-mahal-sorta-way) daughter was still alive. But I can tell you that somebody else will die.

During the first half of the movie, I was bored to tears, I almost fell asleep cuz it was so slow and so dragging. Thank you’re God cuz Daryl Hannah came to the rescue; she was like a breath of fresh air the moment I saw her one-eyed face. It regained my interest and I start to love it again. I am a fan of this story and I remember when the first one came out some critics said that it was “pure style, no substance”, I differed and I honestly thought that it was a well-written movie, brilliantly directed, and finely acted. I loved the first one so much that I wasn’t that disappointed, cuz it ended well. Even if most of the sequels are bigger (not necessarily better), I thought it was really brave of Tarantino to explore his characters more, than just show action-scenes after action-scenes it moved away from it’s pure-style-no-substance reputation.

If you’re waiting to see an action-packed movie, you’ll get gravely disappointed so I’m warning you right now. If you’re expecting to see an animated chapter from this movie, you’re not getting one. If you’re expecting more drama, you’ll like this one, but I warn you, it’s ought to be a boring ride in the beginning, it will test your staying power (literally), so be patient (uhm! the mosquito’s dead now!)

0 rant/rave:

Post a Comment

<< Home